To see a general area map that includes all meeting places, please refer to the Far Flung area map directly below. To see specific locations and access directions on google maps please select the corresponding link under desired trip or location.
Maps By Trip
All meet in Pilar, New Mexico, at the Pilar Yacht Club located on N.M. Highway 68 at the junction of Highway 570, on the west side of NM 68, approximately 14 miles south of Taos (24 miles north of Espanola). Our office is in the caf, across the highway and 100 yards north of the Rio Grande Gorge BLM Visitor Center, where you will park your cars.
All meet on the north side of Taos at the Far-Flung Adventures boathouse. This is located just past the intersection of Ski Valley Road, on State Highway 522. Heading north out of Taos on Highway 64/68 you come to a stop light after about 5 miles. Go straight one block and look for the Far-Flung Adventures sign on your right (just past the Amerigas dealership).
Meet at Bode’s General Store, located on US Highway 84 in the village of Abiquiu, New Mexico.
All meet in Pilar, New Mexico, at the Far Flung Adventures Riverside Office located on N.M. Highway 570 one mile north of the junction with NM 68. Our riverside facility will be on the east side of the road just outside the Rio Grande Del Norte National Monument. Please enter through second gate.
Getting To Taos
Your destination is the Albuquerque Sunport or Santa Fe Municipal, served by major airlines and car rental agencies. You may rent a car and drive to Taos, a trip of about 3 hours. Shuttle service is also available.
- Go north on Interstate Hwy 25 to Santa Fe.
- At Santa Fe exit at the Taos Espanola exit, aka St. Francis Drive. Stay on St. Francis north all the way through Santa Fe, to Espanola.
- Continue north on Hwy 68 through Espanola (go straight at the SH 68-US 84/285 intersection), proceeding north to Taos.
- Taos is about 40 miles north of Espanola on SH 68.
- Go south on Interstate 25.
- Exit at Ft Garland on Hwy 160, onto Hwy 159 (which becomes Hwy 522 at the state line).
- Continue south on this hi