Out of the ordinary and life changing, our international offerings consist of a carefully selected list of some of the worlds classic adventure sport destinations, some out of the way favorites and it’s newest emerging hot spots. With over 40 years in the business there is no one better to put the “Far-Flung” into your next Adventure.
Usumacinta, or “River of the Sacred Monkey God” in ancient mayan, was in many was the centerpiece and lifeblood of the Mayan civilization. This large volume class II-III river is bordered by two national parks, flows by numerous UNESCO World Heritage Sites, is a monumental part of the Mayan Biosphere Reserve and is just the right combination of incredible human history and remote jungle adventure.
- Visit four incredible Mayan sites: Palenque, Bonampak, Yaxchilan and Piedras Negras. Two of which are camped at along the banks of the Usumacinta.
- Spend 6 nights camping on a remote and pristine jungle river.
- Birding and animal viewing opportunities galore. This is among the last intact jungle biospheres and is one of the worlds most biodiverse areas.
- A chance to discover the fantastic regional food of Chiapas and Guatemala.
- Luxurious lodging after arrive and before departure at Quinta Real Villahermosa.
- Bilingual guides and translators at all Mayan sites.
Dates and Discounts:
2020 Usumacinta Dates: Jan 19-28, Feb 19-27 (Accompanied by Prof. Phill Alldritt), March 4-13
Double Occupancy: $2,100/person
Single Occupancy: $2,300/person
Rio Shumul-ja full day available before or after your trip! $150/person.
This is one of the best one day raft trips in the world!
The first group of 3 or more to book can save 10%!
Call for info: 575-758-2628
*Custom dates available year around for groups of 6 or more*
At the base of Victoria Falls, one of the seven Natural Wonders of the World, the great Zambezi River begins its journey through the Batoka Gorge, a deep black chasm forming part of the border between Zambia and Zimbabwe. The Zambezi River is home to some of the most notorious Class V whitewater in the world, and this long standing world class adventure combines culture, natural wonders, warm water multi-day class IV rafting, and an African Safari Tour through Botswana’s famous Chobe National Park.
- Sunset Cruise aboard the Lady Livingstone.
- Swim in the infamous Devils Pool on the edge of Victoria Falls!
- Take a speedboat ride up the Zambezi River past hippos and crocodiles for an elephant interaction with a herd of rescue elephant and a meal experience at The Elephant Café – Winner of the Best New Restaurant in Zambia 2016.
- Take a trip to Zimbabwe to see the spectacular Victoria Falls – 354 feet high over a mile-wide cliff forming the world’s largest curtain of waterfall.
- Class V Zambezi white-water rafting – rated the Best White Water Rafting experience in the world! Starting your rafting journey under the world famous Victoria Falls.
- Camp on white beaches in the Batoka Gorge under the African stars – look out for the endangered Taita Falcon who nests in this gorge.
- Experience the best rapids of the Batoka gorge from The Boiling Pot through to the dramatic Moemba falls, 50km in total.
- Take a 20 min helicopter flight out of the Batoka Gorge; see Victoria Falls with a birds-eye view.
- Overnight in Botswana for a Chobe Safari experience – famous for its large herds of elephants and Cape buffalo.
- Final night in Zambia at the 5 star River Club – an enchanting treat on the Zambezi River reminiscent of heydays of exploration in Africa.
Dates and Discounts:
Dates: September 1st-10th, September 10th-20th 2018
Alternative dates available, please inquire
The first 2 people to book either date before July 1st 1st can save 15% using promo code “zambezi15”
The following 2 people to book either date before July 15th can save 10% using promo code “zambezi10”