Zambezi and Botswana Ultimate Experience
At the base of Victoria Falls, one of the seven Natural Wonders of the World, the great Zambezi River begins its journey through the Batoka Gorge, a deep black chasm forming part of the border between Zambia and Zimbabwe. The Zambezi River is home to some of the most notorious Class IV-V whitewater in the world, and this long standing world class adventure combines culture, natural wonders, warm water multi-day class IV rafting, and an African Safari Tour through Botswana’s famous Chobe National Park.
Other highlights of this incredible and life changing adventure will include dining at the Elephant Cafe (Zambia’s #1 rated restaurant), helicopter ride over Victoria Falls, a specialty Zambian ‘ukuchina’ massage, and a river safari in Chobe National Park, one of Africa’s top rated nature preserves!
- Sunset Cruise aboard the Lady Livingstone.
- Swim in the infamous Devils Pool on the edge of Victoria Falls!
- Take a speedboat ride up the Zambezi River past hippos and crocodiles for an elephant interaction with a herd of rescue elephant and a meal experience at The Elephant Café – Winner of the Best New Restaurant in Zambia 2016.
- Take a trip to Zimbabwe to see the spectacular Victoria Falls – 354 feet high over a mile-wide cliff forming the world’s largest curtain of waterfall.
- Class V Zambezi white-water rafting – rated the Best White Water Rafting experience in the world! Starting your rafting journey under the world famous Victoria Falls.
- Camp on white beaches in the Batoka Gorge under the African stars – look out for the endangered Taita Falcon who nests in this gorge.
- Experience the best rapids of the Batoka gorge from The Boiling Pot through to the dramatic Moemba falls, 50km in total.
- Take a 20 min helicopter flight out of the Batoka Gorge; see Victoria Falls with a birds-eye view.
- After 3 nights on the river, look forward to a 1.5hr signature massage at the award-wining Spa & Wellness Centre at your accommodation using both a hot & cold compress with a traditional Zambian massage technique (ukuchina) for those aching muscles.
- Overnight in Botswana for a Chobe Safari experience – famous for its large herds of elephants and Cape buffalo.
- Look out for hippos, crocodiles, waterbuck, lechwe, puku, giraffe, kudu, roan and sable, impala, warthog, bushbuck, monkeys and baboons, along with the accompanying predators – lion, leopard, hyena and jackal and over 460 species of bird!
- Final night in Zambia at the 5* River Club – an enchanting treat on the Zambezi River reminiscent of heydays of exploration in Africa. Relax in a place where time has appeared to have stood still, play a ‘spot of croquet’ or drift-away in a hammock for some well-earned rest and relaxation.
Day 1 – Check in for your first two night’s accommodation at the magnificent 4.5* David Livingstone Safari Lodge & Spa. Day one includes a magnificent upper Zambezi sunset cruise on the Lady Livingstone, upstream from the mighty Victoria Falls.
Day 2 includes a dip in one of the most infamous swimming pools in the world – The Devils Pool! This is a natural rock-pool formed on the edge of the mighty Victoria Falls located on Livingstone Island. This is followed by a trip over to Zimbabwe to get a look of the Falls from a different perspective. Also included on day two is a trip to the local craft market.
Rounding off day two we take jet boat ride up river to the magnificent 5* dining experience that is the Elephant Cafe. This experience includes game viewing, elephant interaction with our very own elephants and an incredible 5* dining experience.
Day 3 – The 3 night white water rafting expedition begins with exploring the basalt cliffs and pools under the Victoria Falls. We then raft from rapid #1 through to the stunning camp site below rapid #10. This 9km of whitewater is some of the most intense on the planet, grade 5 rapids include The Stairway to Heaven and Gulliver’s Travels.
The second day rafting is a little more relaxed but watch out for The Mother and Oblivion and we raft all the way through to rapid #26.
The third full day on the River is a highlight for whitewater enthusiasts, from Rapid # 26 the Batoka gorge continuously changes its character and the gorge opens out at one point to rolling hills before closing up again as we approach the scenic Moemba Falls. Highlights include a forbidding Grade 5 rapid known as Open Season, Chimamba and the Grade 5 Upper Moemba Falls. We camp the third night between Upper Moemba Falls and the stunning Lower Moemba Falls. This beautiful campsite allows us to explore both the Falls and the wilderness.
Day 6 – After your final night of camping you take a helicopter ride out of the Gorge, get an amazing birds eye view of Victoria Falls (locally named the Flight of the Angels!) and look forward to the rest of the day at leisure at our accommodation for the night, The David Livingstone Safari Lodge & Spa.
Back at the David Livingstone Safari Lodge for your final night your stay includes a free 1.5 hour massage and a 2 hour sunset cruise on the fabulous Lady Livingstone.
Day 7 – Take a short trip over to Botswana for an incredible safari experience in the famous Chobe Game Park, famous for its large herds of elephants and Cape buffalo. Expect to see the big cats too if you are lucky. The Chobe experience also includes a river safari where you get to see the wildlife from a different perspective.
In Chobe you will stay at the magnificent Bakwena Safari Lodge on a Full-Board basis (local beer, wine and spirits included).
Day 8 – After a morning game drive in the Chobe National Park you make your way back to Zambia and your final night’s accommodation at the 5* River Club on a Full-Board basis. (local beer, wine and spirits included). Here you can expect peace and tranquility on the banks of the Upper Zambezi. Perhaps a game of tennis or afternoon croquet to help you wind down?
Day 9 – This morning, have your coffee overlooking the Zambezi and soak it all in. Our departure transfer leaves The River Club at approximately 11h00 in time for your flight from Livingstone Airpor
2018 Ultimate Zambezi Rafting & Botswana Safari Experience – 10 Day-
Dates: September 1st-10th, September 10th-20th
The first 2 people to book either date before July 1st 1st can save 15% using promo code “zambezi15”
The following 2 people to book either date before July 15th can save 10% using promo code “zambezi10”