If you didn’t know, we take a lot of pride in our food here at Far Flung. Because of that, even during peak season the majority of our sandwich meats are seasoned, cooked and sliced in house and all of our dips, sauces, salads, and salsas are home made.
We are fortunate enough to have developed a bit of following just by merit of our food quality–let alone the river trip–and by popular request we are constantly being asked about recipes…well, here are two new ones for your flavorful enjoyment!
These two new additions to our menu this summer have quickly become guest and guide favorites and as per numerous requests here the recipes for each one! We hope you enjoy them as much as we do.
Asian Cabbage Slaw (8 servings)
- 1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tbs. sesame oil
- 2 tbs. creamy peanut butter
- 2 tsp. grated fresh ginger
Whisk together until smooth.
- 1/2 head green cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 head red cabbage, shredded
- 2 carrots shredded
- 4 green onions thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
Spicy Peanut Dip (6 servings)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut cream
- 1.2 cup peanut butter
- 2 tbs. soy sauce
- 1 tbs. asian chili sauce (Sombal Oelek)
- 1 tbs rice vinegar
- 1 tbs honey
- 3 tsp. finely grated fresh ginger
Puree in food processor until smooth.
“Putting people and rivers together”